This position is responsible for managing and providing services to the customer in the areas of compliance, system(s) integrity, service reporting, and various other responsibilities. This position will also help start up new dedicated projects.
Applicants must have working knowledge of transportation management software and on board technology and have daily contact with customer and the customers transportation departments.
- Performs complex and technical duties requiring knowledge of USA computer applications such as TMW and People Net.
- Works independently, using sound judgment in making decisions and maintaining confidentiality at all times.
- Completes various standard reports and ad hoc reports accurately and on time.
- Schedule and/or reschedule delivery times for loads.
- Provide detailed directions and instructions to drivers.
- Maximize equipment and driver utilization.
- Implement and manage Hours of Service audit process that drives accountability to ensure compliance with USA requirements as well as applicable federal, state and local regulations.
- Review and correct customer accounts receivable issues and comply with USA?s receivables goal.
- Facilitate safety meetings with drivers.
- Daily contact with the customer and the customers transportation departments via phone call and in person to discuss feedback and future operations planning.
- Assist in starting up new dedicated projects.
- Assist in driver career path progression activities, as needed.
- Ability to deliver exceptional service through positive engagement and patience.
- Ability to work in a team environment to continuously improve results.
- Able to promote a culture of trust and safety.
Qualifications and Education Requirements.
- Bachelor’s degree or combination education and experience.
- Ability to develop team members through effective coaching skills.
- Ability to create and sustain relationships both internally with fellow team members and externally with customer contacts.
- Transportation industry experience.
- Knowledge of Federal Motor Carrier Safety Regulations (FMCSR), Hours of Service, and Compliance, Safety, Accountability (CSA).
- Working Knowledge of transportation management software and on board technology.
This position supervise others and responsible for being results oriented, collaborative, delegate effectively and strive for harmony, ensuring team effectiveness.
This position will be required to work in an office environment with moderate noise levels, and, with or without reasonable accommodation is required:
- Must be able to remain in a stationary position for a minimum of 75% of the time,
- Constantly operates a computer and other office productivity machines,
- Occasionally ascends/descends stairs,
- Constantly positions self in work environment,
- The person in this position frequently communicates with peers, supervisors, vendors and drivers to exchange accurate information and answer questions,
- Must be able to detect objects at a distance,
- On occasion will move up to 20 pounds of office objects,
- Works in an indoor office environment but expected to attend meetings in adjacent buildings requiring travel in outdoor weather conditions.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION STATEMENT.
USA-Truck, Inc. is firmly committed to equality of opportunity for all employees and applicants for employment in accordance with applicable Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action laws, directives and legislation.
This job description is intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees in this position. It is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required for this position; other duties outside of normal responsibilities may be performed as necessary to meet the needs of the organization. Nothing in this position description restricts management’ right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.