North Florida Shipyards, Inc., a family-owned ship repair facility, is looking for Marine Blaster/painters from second class to lead man to work in conjunction with the Foreman performing painting, blasting, and ultra-high pressure wash duties in a shipyard environment on various U.S. Navy, U. S. Coast Guard and Commercial marine vessels by performing the following essential duties:
- Blast and airless spray paint knowledge;
- Experience in marine coatings;
- Prepare steel and aluminum by power tool;
- Operates a forklift and high reach;
- Operates both high pressure and low-pressure water/sandblasting equipment;
- Operates aerial platforms, motor-driven scaffolding, winches, and pulleys;
- Familiar with DEP regulations; and
- Climb ladders, work in tanks/voids, and all types of weather conditions.
Following certifications are a plus but not required: C7, C-12, C-14, CAS 1 & 2, Maritime OSHA-10
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED); and 5 years Marine paint experience.
- Must demonstrate a thorough knowledge of shipyard safety and environmental protection requirements.
- Must have a thorough understanding and knowledge of shipboard orientation and nautical terminology.
Wage commensurate with experience
Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate with regards to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class.
Principals only. Recruiters please do not contact this job poster.
Do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers.