Sayres & Associates is in search of a Project Engineer in the Naval Yards in Washington D.C. Must have at least 2 years of direct experience working in or supporting NAVSEA, Military Sealift Command, construction shipyards, and/or operating/maintaining a vessel.
Sayres and Associates Corporation (Sayres) is a dynamic, Native American-owned, Service-Disabled Veteran Owned business that has been providing excellence in service to the Federal Government since 2001.
Awarded the U.S. Small Business Administration, Washington Metropolitan District Office's 8(a) Graduate of the Year for 2017, Sayres and Associates Corporation continues to grow in a highly competitive environment while exceeding customers' expectations.
TEAM SAYRES is seeking a Project Engineer to support the Strategic and Theater Sealift Program Office (PMS 385) / NAVSEA05D Ship Design Manager. This is a great opportunity to join the fantastic team at Sayres and Associates and be on the ground floor of building new ships for the United States Navy / Military Sealift Command.
The position requires:
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering or related field.
- Proven ability to solve complex engineering design problems.
- Strong communication and customer relations skills.
- Strong MS Office skills
- Secret Clearance verifiable in JPAS or the ability to obtain one.
The ideal candidate for this position would have:
- At least 2 years of direct experience working in or supporting NAVSEA, Military Sealift Command, construction shipyards, and/or operating/maintaining a vessel.
If you are looking for a great opportunity to apply your engineering expertise, apply today!
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Provide technical support to NAVSEA05D Ship Design Manager engineering efforts throughout the development, design, production, delivery, and testing phases of ship acquisition and construction.
- Apply naval engineering experience in one or more of the following areas of Ship Design: Hull, Mechanical, Electrical, C4I, Structural, Propulsion, Auxiliary Machinery, Naval Architecture, Deck Equipment, Aviation Support, and Technical Writing.
- Provide technical support reviewing design drawings, ship specifications/design requirements and contract data deliverables for vessel acquisition and construction contracts issued by PMS 385.
- Provide engineering analysis of technical studies, reports, plans, procedures, and processes as they relate to ship design elements.
- Assist in the development of technical reports, briefs, point papers, documentation and responses to industry queries regarding ship design engineering issues and corrective actions. Maintain Ship/Performance Specification configuration.
- Identify risks and provide analysis of emergent issues to include recommendations for risk mitigation and/or resolution.
- Support the Configuration Control Board process and provide technical review and analysis of proposed changes. Identify documentation requiring revision or updates as a result of new or modified designs.
- Support Trial Card / Discrepancy Management efforts including the preparation of technical assessments of deficiencies that are documented from Builder's and Acceptance Trials.
- Possibility of travel to locations outside the typical office setting for interaction with customers, vendors, shipyards, and stakeholders, including ship visits and onboard site checks.
The Sayres office is located in one of the most exciting, growing and developing areas of Washington DC- just outside the Navy Yard almost next to National's Park. Navy Yard metro makes this location one of the most convenient commutes in the DMV! The economic development of the area provides for high quality of work/life with many vibrant eateries and green spaces along the Anacostia River.
The position description is only meant to be a representative summary of the major responsibilities and accountabilities performed by the incumbents of this position. The incumbents may be requested to perform position-related tasks other than those stated in this description.All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, gender identity, disability or veteran status.
At Sayres, our employees enjoy an atmosphere conducive to realizing their potential through personal and professional development while simultaneously exceeding customers' expectations.
We offer a broad spectrum of technical, engineering and administrative services including acquisition, financial and program management; fleet synthetic training; logistics; ship construction engineering; systems engineering and integration; wargaming; test and evaluation; security, counterintelligence and policy analysis.
Sayres is headquartered in Washington, DC with offices throughout the United States in addition to a presence abroad.