Insight Global is urgently searching for 5-10 Cable Technicians in Norfolk, Virginia. They are looking for someone who has done electrical work in the shipyards or someone coming out of the military who has worked on electrical systems on ship
$15 - $30 an hour
Number of hires for this role
5 to 10
***THIS IS A 6 MONTH CONTRACT-TO-HIRE POSITION***
DESIRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
- 1-7 years of Cable Technician/Marine Electrician/Fiber Optics Technician experience from working in the shipyards or working in the military on aircrafts, aviation, or ships.
- Experience pulling and running cables (Fiber Optic, CAT5, CAT6, & Coax).
- Experience with low voltage electrical systems.
- Experience working on communication electrical components such as radar, sonar, data circuits, and multi pins.
- Experience troubleshooting electrical systems. (This is critical)
- Willing and able to Travel.
- Willing and able to work overtime.
- OSHA 10 maritime
- NAVSEA Cableway cert or Fiber Optic certs.
- Active Secret
- NAVSEA Multi pin cert
- Insight Global is looking for Fiber Optic technician or Marine Electrician to join one of our federal clients in Norfolk, VA. They will be needing to travel. The ideal candidate will have 3-5 years of experience working on the different electrical combat systems on the naval ships. They are looking for someone who has done electrical work in the shipyards or someone coming out of the military who has worked on electrical systems on ships or aviation. They will be pulling cable (fiber, Coax, Cat 5, Cat 6) and will be troubleshooting the electrical components (sonar, radar, multi pin).
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $15.00 - $30.00 per hour
Willingness To Travel:
5 days ago
Designed to fit your life and your demands, get the gear that's as tough as you are.